Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Babies Suck

At least ours does. If it's not the pacifier, he's sucking on his fingers, toys, or blankets. WTF? Too bad they don't have a "change your own diaper" reflex. I kid. One of the surprising joys of fatherhood is getting to change a messy diaper because that means he won't be constipated for a while which means Happy Baby.Yesterday we had our second social worker visit. This time it went smoothly and Gus was a model baby. We fed him while Amy was at our house to cut down on the potential crying time. Thankfullly he was very happy and calm during the whole visit. Whew!Amy asked us the usual questions about his height, weight, eating habits, dailiy activities, etc. She commented on how Gus is about to enter a really fun phase soon. He is 3 months old and starting to grab at things, smile voluntarily, and stare at us as we walk across his line of sight. What else could there possibly be?!! Whatever it is, we are as prepared as we can be and are just holding on for the ride. He's already changed so much in 3 months. Please to compare:

THEN

--------------
NOW
Another thing Amy mentioned was the finalization process. Apparently, we are still far from over! There are reports to be written, lawyers to consult, judges to see, and months for Gus to reach (6). More on all that as it happens.

One final thing is, I've developed a bit of carpal tunnel in my wrists from carrying/feeding the baby. Any parents have advice on this?

6 comments:

akira said...

aw he's cute!!! he looks like he's grown happier under your care!! yeah some people call the first 3 months the "4th trimester," i guess cause they're still living womb style (not used to day/night cycle and always wanting to be swaddled up).. it's really great when they get the strength to hold up their heads, then you can carry them around easier and maybe not get such bad carpal tunnel syndrome??

tasha said...

i know the cure for your carpal tunnel: make david carry/feed him more :)

Anonymous said...

hiya... I would recommend the lady accessories like the boppie pillow (is that what it's called), and less carrying, more slinging/bjorning... at least until your wrists recover. Also, are they sure it's carpal tunnel? I've had wrist tendonitis before, and I have an AWESOME exercise/stretch for it... but it won't work for carpal tunnel...
good luck!

Bulgy the Whale said...

hmmm, I'm not sure it's carpal tunnel. in fact, I think it's tendonitis based on the definitions I found online. I'd love to know your stretch. right now I'm alternating heat and ice. thanks!

Anonymous said...

i'll get in touch with you via email, and we can set up a time to get together... show you the stretch, you show me the baby!!

Kimberly said...

hello friends I really liked this information, a few days ago I read something similar on a site called wound infections, I would like to receive updates on this issue, as it is very interesting, thanks!